Thememaker’s Toolkit

Discuss about anything Planet Coaster related.
ezra24rct3
Peep
Peep

Thememaker’s Toolkit

Post by ezra24rct3 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:46 am

So, I’m pretty sure we’ve all read about it. If you haven’t, stop living under a rock :D

Yesterday Frontier Developments announced something that will change Planet Coaster: the Thememaker’s Toolkit, which finally allowes users to import their own models into the game! UGC is something that kept RCT3 alive through all of these years and I hope that the same will go for Planet Coaster.

The full story from the PC Forums:
Bo Marit wrote:Image

Hello coaster friends,

One of our favourite parts of Planet Coaster is seeing all the amazing, funky, and creative blueprints our players display on the Steam Workshop. There's so much attention to detail, so much originality and creativity, and it blows us away every day to see what you've put together - whether that's a recreation of your favourite theme park, a super spooky haunted mansion, an elaborate Go-Karts track through the gears of a clock, or a scene straight out of a Hollywood action movie. There seems to be no limit to what you all build and create!

The team have been hard at work as we’re getting ready for another Planet Coaster update, but we've got a very special announcement for you today, which we hope enables and strengthens that creativity even further:

Thememaker's Toolkit

The Thememaker's Toolkit is a pipeline system for 3D models to be added as scenery items to your parks. It is a free feature we have been working on for a while now, and will truly challenge players who'd love to try their hand at creating all-new items for their parks! Skilled artists within the community will be able to create a host of items such as a sci-fi spaceship, or an amazingly crafted piece of foliage. The Thememaker's Toolkit will give you the ability to bring your 3D models to life and share them with everyone.

This much-requested community feature will make its way into the game later this year. We wanted to let you know today as some Thememaker's Toolkit files will be visible in the game folders after our next update. We also hope this gives you plenty of time to prepare your gaming stations with the necessary tools, or start planning your next creations which will be infused with boundless variety once the feature launches.

We will have even more news for you soon regarding the next Planet Coaster update, but for now: thank you for your ongoing support!

Bo

p.s. We've also got a Support FAQ for you if you have any more questions, but feel free to pop any below this forum post as well.

I wonder if the Zyned community will move its creations to Planet Coaster, as RCT3 has now become sort of obsolete. :x

Steam Workshop page (Follow me! :D): http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezra24rct2/myworkshopfiles/?appid=493340

Professional Music-listener (Metallica, Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses) and fairground-walker.

Zyned
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zyned » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:00 am

Hi Ezra,

We are already discussing this behind the scenes. ;)
At this moment, it's hard to say what the possibilities are with this toolkit. They already said that rides, lights and particles are not supported. Only static and animated scenery.
It is also uncertain what 3d software is needed to create the models. The format of the models will be .FBX files. At this moment only Maya software is compatible. The Devs are looking at supporting 3ds max or Blender.

But this is definately big news!

ezra24rct3
Peep
Peep

Post by ezra24rct3 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:10 pm

To be honest, I hope you will. Animated objects can be imported, so that somewhat makes up for the lack of CFR's. Also PC will be better for realistic fairs due to there not being a grid.

Steam Workshop page (Follow me! :D): http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezra24rct2/myworkshopfiles/?appid=493340

Professional Music-listener (Metallica, Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses) and fairground-walker.